Market research shows that people in the UK are spending more money on their pets, not just on consumable and accessories, but on professional pet services too. With more pet dogs than ever thanks to the pandemic pet boom, these services are in high demand—and set to carry on growing.
As people begin to go back out to work and on holiday, back at home, dogs still need caring for, training, grooming and walking. So, if you provide training, grooming, walking, boarding or transport services for dogs, good news: it’s a time of great opportunity!
The bad news? The pet service sector has become very competitive. That’s why you need a USP, or Unique Selling Point: a service that only you provide, or a factor that makes your services different or better. A great potential USP is using professional dog crates.
A USP that Dog Owners Respond To
What USPs attract dog owners? Well, they want to ensure their dogs are happy, healthy and safe. A good USP will respond to one of these needs.
You can show dog owners your premises, equipment, food, facilities, training programmes etc. so that they know how you will keep their dog happy and healthy—and safe while on the premises. But they will also want to be reassured that their dog will be safe in your vehicle. By using professional dog crates, you can provide that reassurance.
MIMsafe Professional Dog Crates
What do we mean by ‘professional dog crate’?
To be used by professionals, a crate not only needs to be incredibly safe, but also durable, high quality, and easy to use. MIMsafe dog crates tick all these boxes with ease.
MIMsafe crates are crash tested in situ, in the vehicle, via extensive in-vehicle testing. This is their USP, as MIMsafe is the only company in the world that does this. The company ensures its dog cages work in unison with the vehicle crumple zone and they’re designed to keep not just dogs, but you and your passengers, safe.
Durable and high quality
MIMsafe’s professional dog crates are strong and built to last, made of high-quality materials. Designed by safety experts, they include practical features like two step locks, reinforced doors and integrated thermometers.
Easy to use
Features like adjustable depth, carry handles, one hand release and various anchoring options make MIMsafe dog crates simple and convenient to use.
Transporting one dog? Three dogs? No problem.
Whether you transport one dog now and then or regularly drive around with a bootful of canines, MIMsafe has the professional dog crates you need.
- Transporting small dogs, up to 30 cm in height? Consider the carrier-style MIMsafe Care2. It’s available in in two sizes: Medium for dogs up to 5kg, and Large for dogs up to 9kg. It has an integrated thermometer and is mounted using a seatbelt.
- For small to medium dogs transported in the boot, the VarioCage range of depth adjustable crates is ideal, and includes:
- the Single for one dog, available in six sizes
- the Double (for two dogs, with an internal divider), in eight sizes
- the Minimax for small dogs or cats, in two sizes
- the Compact for small dogs. Available in two sizes, its elevated door is designed for easier use in hatchback vehicles.
- For larger or multiple dogs, the Multicage is the answer. Available in single or double models, these crates can be anchored to each other horizontally or vertically, great for kitting out a van.
The Professional Approach: Insurance and the Law
While it’s not illegal to have an unrestrained pet in your car in the UK, under the Highway Code, animals should be “suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly.” If ignoring this rule causes an accident or dangerous driving, you may find yourself liable or charged with a driving offence. It may also invalidate your driver’s insurance. Serious incidents could lead to court appearances, an unlimited fine, up to 9 points on your licence and even disqualification.
Find Your Ideal MIMsafe Crate
Using professional dog crates is a great USP and the best way to keep you and your passengers—both canine and human—safe. It’s also the best way to ensure you abide by your legal obligations and insurance conditions.